Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Man Rules Part One


Ok, admission time.

I normally hate chain email. My mom sends them to me. I usually delete them. Friends send them to me. I sometimes delete them. Co-workers who are also friends send them to me. I sometimes delete them. However, one or two sometimes catch my good eye.

This is one of them: The Guys' Rules -- At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down.
Finally, the guys' side of the story. We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note . . . these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE! (Its long, but FUNNY. And I comment in italics-- SC)
And away we go!

1. Men are NOT mind readers.

Check.


1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

My wife, people I work with and my old roommate G. have all probably heard this one from my mouth.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

Here I am lucky. My wife: football fan (GO RAVENS!), partly because she loves the action, and partly because they are large, athletic, black men on the screen at all times (lucky me!)

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

I am a man. I sometimes subtle does NOT work. Not all of the time mind you. Some of the time.



More Tomorrow...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]